- The displacement tool which is mounted at the bottom of a drill rod is drilled and pushed into the ground with high torque and crowd pressure.
- Concrete is placed by a concrete pump through the hollow stem of the displacement tool which is simultaneous withdrawn.
- Full displacement of the soil keeps the working area free of drill spoil, which allows easy manouevering of the rig on site.
- Effective soil displacement increases load carrying capacity of the pile.
- When working in contaminated areas, expensive disposal of contaminated drill spoil is avoided.
- Commercially advantageous due to high drilling output and minimal disposal of drill spoil.
- Ideally suited to homogenous granular soils of up to medium dense state of compaction.
- Diameters 400 - 600 mm
- Drilling depth 10 - 28 m